Resolutions are pledged by many of us as one year comes to a close and another opens with new possibilities. Things like go to the gym, eat better or drink less come to mind. Most have great intentions to stick with these plans from the start but always seem to fade into their old habits. Change is probably the toughest thing for a human to do. It’s scary, we get so use to our routines and forget that in order move forward in life we must constantly evolve. I’m guilty of it. This year though, I am going to share with you the changes that I will be implementing in my life and I will keep you updated on my progress….
1. Think before I speak: This has always been a struggle for me. Sometimes I say things that hurt people and not realize it till after the damage has been done. Masking it with sarcasm is an excuse I plan on no longer using. Along with getting professional help (yes, you heard that right peeps), I’m asking you guys to call me out if you see me doing it. We all get by with a little help from our friends.
2. Say “I love you” more: To your significant other, friends or family that you love, this phrase never gets old. We tend to not use it enough and assume that the people we do love already know how you feel about them. Those 3 words can change someone’s day and put a smile on their face. Use them generously, the results will be tremendous.
3. Listen: This skill is so powerful yet so hard to master as a male. I am a problem solver by nature but need to realize that sometimes I don't need to offer answers when the person you love has a problem or just wants to talk. Simply sitting there quiet and actively listening to what they have to say is the only thing they desire at that moment. Doing so will strengthen your relationship, thus brighten your future.
4. Focus: On relationships, work, hobbies, etc. My ADD gets the better of me on occasions and I find myself not putting 100% to the task at hand sometimes, which I never want to do. Writing helps me with this so plan on more material in the coming year.
5. Open up: As someone who has been on there own from a young age I sometimes have issues sharing things with those closest to me. When a problem arises, confide in that person you trust. Getting it out in the open can prevent small issues from becoming larger ones. The ability to communicate one on one with another person is a humans greatest asset and we don't use it enough.
6. Be humble: I sometimes cross that line between confidence and cockiness. A man’s ego can get in the way both socially and professionally and the results are never good. If you see me doing this throat punch me. I’ll know that I deserved it.
7. Happiness: I know this maybe cliche but stop and take a moment and appreciate the people, dogs and things you have in your life. God put them there for a reason, which is to make you smile so do so, because one day may be gone.
8. Make America Great: I love this country, it’s flag, my guns and the people who defend it every day. We are all one and need to start acting that way. Until we accomplish this we are just another country. Let’s not let those great men who created this nation 240 years ago down. Merica.
2016 the struggle was real for us all. Here’s to family, friends, loved ones and popping bottles as we open a new chapter. God Bless and I love you peeps!
PS. I hope y'all have an amazing weekend, stay bundled it’s going to be a cold one and raise your glasses to what to com and remember…..This isn’t my first rodeo, says the person at there second.
#newyears #newyearseve #deuces2016 #hello2017 #resolutions #empireliving