Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Heisman Trophy's shouldn't take away your youth

Dear Johnny Manziel haters,
I have a question for all of you out there. Do you remember being 20 years old? I know I do (some say I still live that life) and I had three things on my mind when I was that age and it was chicks, booze, chicks with booze and school (Chico State math). I lived in a six bedroom house with eight of my closet friends from back home. We were freshman and sophomores in college and away from home for the first time and lived like it. Dishes stacked in a Jenga like pattern ready to topple at the next spoon added to the pile…Check. Walls decorated with numerous drinking and tobacco memorabilia along with an occasional hole that no one knows how it got there…Check. Two slot kegerator with the finest Keystone Light on tap that $44 could buy…Check. Drunken nights that ended up with a dirt bike being rode throughout the house while flaming arrows were being fired through the surfboard propped up against the wall as ATF was raiding our house (It’s a Chico thing, if you didn’t live it you won’t understand)….Check. Johnny Manziel has stories and experiences like this plus much more. What I’m trying to say is that Johnny Football is just like any college kid his age. He wants to have a good time and be like everyone else in his peer group. Just because you are the first freshman to win a Heisman and have moves on the football field that would have Jagger salivating to go along with being the class of the QB crop in college football does not mean you need to act like the last two Republican candidates for president. He is still a kid and will make “kid” mistakes that if he was raised right by his parents he will learn from and grow as a person. Why should he have to be any different than the kid in his same class majoring in Communications who plays intramural softball in his spare time? As the numerous media outlets continue to critique his every move I ask this question….Which one of us wouldn’t enjoy the fun and fame he has garnered at such a young age??? You are betting your ass that I would be rolling court side at the Lakers with Snoop or having numerous Aggieland hotties hanging off my every move. He is living every twenty year old red blooded male’s American dream and who are we to stand in his way? Johnny, having a passion for the burnt orange it makes it difficult for me to defend someone who should have a Longhorn on the side of his helmet but life is too short to always go with the safe pass. Keep going deep my friend both on the field and in life and let them continue to hate …Johnny be good.
PS. Happy hump day peeps on this very sunny afternoon.  Please take time to enjoy it and remember…Trust me, you can dance said the 12th shot later.

No comments:

Post a Comment