Friday, July 12, 2013

Two things that are good: True love and wine country


Dear wine country,

Quick repeat after me…Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Malbec, Bordeaux, Shiraz, Tempernillo and Blush (A shout out for my friends from Chico). These words roll off my tongue as if I was a pledge again reciting the Greek alphabet as fast as I could minus a burning match in my hand.  This weekend marks my return to the greatest wine region in the world and you can quickly sit back down Napa County. If I wanted something overrated and overhyped I would be holding 49er season tickets in my hands. No I am talking about Sonoma County home to some of the greatest and finest tasting grapes on this planet and always being one to support all aspects of agriculture I have a pocket full of cash and credit cards to purchase and indulge in something that even Jesus thought was better than water. The other and more important reason for this latest adventure in the drinking game I call life is to see two of my closest friends become man and wife. Tomorrow some of Chico’s finest alumni including numerous Delta Sigs, AD Pi’s and AGR’s (Yes Paul Zing we are all Greek and graduates and we still drink just as much minus a Buck Night) will gather in Kenwood to see Reid Cossey and Julie Cavellini join hands in marriage. It has been a long time in the making and instead of the usual rant concerning politics, sports or Kim Kardashian’s fat ass I wanted to give these two great people a shout out from one of their biggest fans. Their journey is a good example of why things happen for a reason and I am glad that I am there to spend this special day with them. So if you are a Chico State graduate or a past or present member of the Greek system or have just spent numerous nights at Riley’s or Joes if you find a drink in your hand tomorrow night raise it to these two fine alumni and toast….Congrats guys and here’s to a lifetime of cocktail’s and possibilities….

PS. Happy Friday peeps. Short, sweet and to the point. Have a great weekend and as you can see mine is about to begin and remember…..If you fail to eat the cookie you have no ambition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment